Howto:Secure your website and blog against malware and hackers
I’m a Blogger not only a Guest Bloggers, so I have to see all the technical issue like security, speed & others such technical issue and problems.there are Millions of hobby blogger like me, who has self hosted site.When I was looking for online scanner which monitors my blog, I found the WebsiteDefender. This is an online security monitoring service developed by Acunetix, the leading web application security company that safeguards the websites of many prestigious international companies. Acunetix has also developed Acunetix Web Security Scanner for penetrate tester. WebsiteDefender actively monitor your blog and website and reports any detected malware, hacker activity, and security vulnerabilities with clear instructions on how to fix each issue. Unsecured site is always a risk.
WebsiteDefender WordPress Security
The WebsiteDefender WordPress Security plugin is a free and comprehensive security tool that helps you secure your WordPress installation and suggests corrective measures for: strengthening passwords, securing file permissions, security of the database, version hiding, WordPress admin protection and lots more.
Key security features:
- Easy backup of WordPress database for disaster recovery
- Removal of error-information on login-page
- Addition of index.php to the wp-content, wp-content/plugins, wp-content/themes and wp-content/uploads directories to prevent directory listings
- Removal of wp-version, except in admin-area
- Removal of Really Simple Discovery meta tag
- Removal of Windows Live Writer meta tag
- Removal of core update information for non-admins
- Removal of plugin-update information for non-admins
- Removal of theme-update information for non-admins (only WP 2.8 and higher)
- Hiding of wp-version in backend-dashboard for non-admins
- Removal of version in URLs from scripts and stylesheets only on frontend
- Reporting of security overview after WordPress blog is scanned
- Reporting of file permissions following security checks
- Strong password generator tool to protect from brute force attacks
- Integrated tool to change the database prefix
- Disabling of database error reporting (if enabled)
- Disabling of PHP error reporting
WebsiteDefender is designed to:
- Detect Malware present on your website
- Audit your web site for security issues
- Keep your site safe from Google blacklisting
- Keep your web site content & data intact
- Alert you on suspicious hacker activity
- Help fix issues through your online dashboard
How often will WebsiteDefender scan my site?
WebsiteDefender is still in beta, so the scan schedule has been set at one weekly scan per site. This routine allows their developers to carefully design and improve the service as the user-base grows without causing any downtime to the monitoring system.
How does WebsiteDefender monitor my site?
The WebsiteDefender service consists of two main components: the Agent which resides in your site to monitor activity, and the Scanning Servers which collect information from the agent to detect and report security threats.
Some Advantage of WebsiteDefender
- No installation
- No learning curve
- No maintenance
- Zero impact on site performance
Free WordPress Security Scan Plugin
WP Security Scan is a FREE WordPress Plugin which improves the Security by adding many new security features. The WP Security Scan plugin will:
- Scan your WordPress blog for any security vulnerabilities
- Provide easy solutions to web security issues
- Monitor your blog for any Administrator password changes
- Hide which version of WordPress you are using
Which is the best alternative of WebsiteDefender which you use or did i missed anything?
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it,sharing it on Facebook or you can leave a comment.